Monday, April 14, 2008

Homer!


So we played our co-ed softball season-opening game tonight and we kicked butt! They called the game after the 4th inning because the score was 12-0! Very Nice.

Silly as it sounds, I was a little nervous to play, but my first at-bat I hit a 2 RBI triple! And the very next at bat I hit an in-the-park home run (nevermind that I barely made it to first and didn't see second base on my 3rd at-bat). I can *not* believe how out of shape I am! It took me a solid 5 minutes to catch my breath after running around the bases! I felt like a fat cop chasing a fast guy!

Chelle did really good, too! We practiced a good chunk on Saturday to get her ready. We threw balls and did a little hitting, too. Today was her first game ever and she got on base twice all by herself! She even scored! Way to go! (she's got a great coach )

2 comments:

rebecca said...

yay for you and chelle! we need to get together and practice so i can be as good as you two!

Luca said...

What the crap? I didn't even know that the season had started already. I thought it wouldn't start till May. Anyway, good job you two! Bob, I know that fat man feeling... I have it too. Anyway, let me know when the next game is.